Monday, February 23, 2009

Parents....

Well, today, I had to meet with a parent about one of my students. It was not a fun experience. I know this is supposed to be about teaching strategies but I really can't help but vent just a little. I just couldn't believe that the parent refused to have her student take responsibility for his behavior. I know that the student is capable of doing the work, but he refuses to do so. I have tried everything I can think of to get him involved with his studies, and yet it is his choice not to do the work! Aaaaaahhhhhh! But then again, "Teacher's are never wrong." That one is a direct quote! Well, I think I got it all out, and I hope that the student will be able to take responsibility for his behavior in the future!

1 comment:

  1. Not trying to be Debbie Downer, but.... they won't. Lack of responsibility for work is part of the territory, shoot, even we do it as grad students! Probably what wears on me (and many teachers) is when parents side with the inappropriate behavior simply b/c of the blood connection, throwing out the observations of the adult in the room (us!).

    ReplyDelete