Sunday, March 15, 2009

I think I'll use the wiki...

After completing my wiki project this term, I definitely feel like it would fit in perfectly with the business education curriculum. I think I am going to design a project where the students create their own wiki. I think it would be a fun project for them because most of my students love the internet, and it would give them ownership of something on the web (besides MySpace!).

I have been approached by a teacher at my placement school about such a project. The students will be learning about the history of Wallowa County, and then I will teach them how to use a wiki to publish their information to the web. I am excited about it! It will take a lot of cooperation and communication between myself and the other teacher, but I think it will be worth it for the students. Is anybody else going to use the wiki or blogging in their curriculum?

No comments:

Post a Comment