Sunday, March 15, 2009

Questioning...

Questions, questions, questions...I have questions about questioning...

In my classes, I typically start the class with a series of questions related to the topic. Sometimes I will simply have the students recall what we talked about last class, while other times I will give the students a scenario and they have to answer how they would react in a given situation. During my lectures, the most common questions I use are, "Are you getting this? Does this make sense?" Most often, the students nod their heads and I simply keep going. What are some other ways that I can gauge student comprehension, besides an obvious look of confusion? Or, what are some other ways I can ask the students if they are really "getting" the material? Help!

No comments:

Post a Comment