Tuesday, March 10, 2009

KWL Update

In my last entry, I talked about using the KWL activity and how great I thought that it worked with my personal finance class. I just wanted to expand a little more on that because this last weekend I actually changed my lecture and focused it in more on what the students wanted to know. I had already given the students handouts of the PowerPoint presentation about the stock market (and their copy had information missing so that they had to pay attention to find the missing info). Since I did change the PowerPoint and felt it wasteful to make more copies of the presentation, I simply put the changed slide headings in red. This would alert the students that this was new information and that they would need to take notes on each slide with a red heading. Not only did the activity help me focus the lecture, but I think that it showed the students that I do value what they have to say and what they want to learn. Anyway, I just wanted to expand a little more on my KWL process.

No comments:

Post a Comment